A cold plunge is a way to take ice baths to the extreme. Taking the plunge helps to transform your overall health, mental wellness, and recovery goals.
Dopamine levels increase, helping you stay more motivated, focused, and confident. The Cold Plunge simulates your neurotransmitters. This improves your mood and helps relieve pain by up to 5 times the normal level. Cold therapy reduces the stress hormone called cortisol, in turn reducing anxiety and leading to a calmer you. Not only will a cold plunge help you feel healthier and more energized during the day, you'll also sleep better at night, and for longer.
Ice baths help reduce inflammation and speeds the recovery of sore muscles. They also help to strengthen your immune system and fight off sickness by increasing leukocytes which are the white blood cells in your body. The cold temperatures contract muscles throughout your body forcing your lymphatic system to force fluid through the lymph nodes which helps detoxify the body.
• Promotes faster healing and rehabilitation
• Faster muscle recovery
• Reduces Inflammation
• Improved post-surgery rehabilitation
• Triggers an autonomic nervous response
• Increase in white blood cell count
• Lymphatic contraction and release of fluid through the lymph nodes help detoxify the body
• Drain lactic acid
• Cold therspy can help you manage your reactions to feelings of stress and other emotions
• Greater presence and heightened awareness
• Strengthened mental endurance and reconditioning
• Enhanced energy, mood, and cognitive function
• Increase in baseline dopamine levels for improved motivation, confidence, and focus
• Boost your neurotransmitter by 5 times to improve mood and relieve pain.
• Longer sleep duration and a deeper night sleep
• Reduced Cortisol levels (stress hormone)
• Release of endorphins
• Improves focus and can help improve ability to identify negative thought patterns
• Sleep for longer periods
• Achieve deeper sleep
• Strengthened response to stress allows for better control of relaxation and sleep
Deliver faster results and more significant changes by Cold Plunging regularly. Everyone is different so how often you plunge should be determined by your own personal needs and goals. We generally recommend 12 minutes of ice bath sessions per week to achieve optimal results. However, making the cold plunge a part of your daily routine can have overwhelming mental and physical benefits.
Like a morning coffee routine, some like to plunge to kickstart their morning. Others like to plunge to recover from a workout or unwind from a long day at work.
For first timers, we recommend breaking down your session into multiple plunges (in and out of the cold plunge tub). As you develop your strengths and comfort levels steadily increasing the duration of each cold-water submersion. Spending a combined total of 5 minutes in an ice water tub has shown to be an effective goal and recommended by many health professionals.
We also strongly recommend combining the use of our Full-spectrum sauna and Cold Plunge tank to perform what is called Contrast Therapy. The additional benefits gained by alternating services are profound.
Copyright © 2023 Hands of Silk - All Rights Reserved.
43576 W. Caven Dr. Maricopa, AZ 85138 US
Hands of Silk Phone: (480) 522-6505